Thursday, November 6, 2008

Choices..

I don't really want to offend anyone but... there a few things i must say but i have to give some background info first.
I have lived in Utah on and off for quite sometime now. When I was about 8 i remember going to school and making friends and the first question i would get asked is "what ward are you in?" Ah ward? what is that i recall asking? its church. oh i would say, i don't go to church. Well my parents don't let me play with kids who don't go to church. So of course i was heart broken over this. I went home an told my mom who of course would be royally pissed about someone hurting her daughters feelings. I grew up thinking that anyone LDS were well basically A-holes. Of course now I know that was judgemental and stereotypical of me but I have had several bad experiences. Let me clarify, I am not saying that is how i feel now, that was when i was young.
Now that I am older, some of the same things occur with my kids (well Izac actually, since he is in school) I think it is completely unfair of parents to make there kids so close minded. I get judged because I have tattoos, I get the dirtiest looks when I were anything that shows them, now i realize tattoos are not for everyone I mean Brad is not by any means a fan of them but he loves me regardless. Does this mean I am a bad person? Does this mean my kids don't have morals, and they are going to be drug addicts, and felons? I don't think so I go to church on Sunday's and so do my boys but I don't force my boys to go, if they want they can If they don't feel like it that's fine also. I just get sick of the stereotypical judgements on what kind of a person I am. OK so I'm not LDS but ALL my in-laws are an you know what they don't treat me any different. I have to brag for a minute I have the greatest in-laws ever!! I love all my sister-in-laws, I see them more than most people in my family (except my mom). Everyone in Brads immediate family is super. Anyhow my point is that I want my boys to be open minded an except people for who they are, not what church they attend. When Izac was playing soccer, i had set up a play date with a little boy on his team and he was SO excited! I get to this boys house and his mom answers the door and she takes one look at my tattoos and i could tell she was mortified. Needless to say she conveniently never answered the phone again for another play date. I had to explain to Izac (without making him think the same thoughts as i had as a child) what had exactly happened here, which was difficult to say the least. I know I am a good person an I know that my kids have morals, they know right from wrong, and they don't judge people on there appearances. I just wish everyone would do the same. I have done alot of things in my life that I'm not necessarily proud of, but i wouldn't change any of them. The mistakes i made yesterday made me the person i am today, for that i am proud!! I am a very open and bluntly honest person and i like it that way. People either like me or hate me, but most of the time you wont forget me!

7 comments:

blog648 said...

Nope, no one is ever going to forget you, and naturally, we loving having you in our family.

blog648 said...

...oops, that should have been "we LOVE (instead of "loving") having you in our family."

Anonymous said...

OMG!!!! You have tattoos??? Show me ... Uhm, I mean, I don't think my kids can play with you anymore ... wait, ... who are you, again? Careful around that blog648 dude, that sounds like a freudian slip. Just what do you guys get up to when I'm not there???

Susan said...

Um, your not mormon????

Susan said...

btw, that is a smoking hot pic that you put up for your profile pic.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, no one would ever forget you because you are awesome, Jodi! And don't forget it! And I can attest that you are raising GREAT kids :) Sorry for all of the bad experiences....

Anonymous said...

And I agree with Susan....Great picture you added :)