Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Among the sadness

Yesterday we had a funeral for brads aunt Linda. It was a good one as far as funerals go. Lots of people said very nice things an brad said he felt really good about the day, since Linda was in a better place. During the funeral there was lots of prayers saying that hopefully Linda's passing will bring the family closer. So brad decided it would be a good idea to have a Petersen family gathering at our house. Everyone came minus Noelle, Cindy lets not forget there husbands or there cute boys! Also Aunt Shannon that I have heard so much about and unfortunately I'm not sure if I will ever get to meet. We sat in the backyard shooting the shit for the remainder of the day, while the kids played an fun was had by all (I think).
Brads family has been through some horrific things in there life but they are not letting those experiences hold them back, they are trying to learn from them. I am so glad that i get to have relationships with them. Lance an I have similar personalities so when ever I talk to him I just laugh. He can crack some dirty jokes and well so can I. I have been told I talk like a trucker, I say well that depends on the company I have. I don't really want to offend anyone. Well sometime I do just for shits and giggles. I always lived far away from my family so I am so glad my kids get to play with the cousins and know all the aunts and uncles. I love that they get to know there Great Aunts an Uncles too. Carla said the funniest thing yesterday, we were all spraying ourselves with bug spray(there is a ton of mosquito's in our backyard) and she said "oh I have to make sure I wash my pattie cakes before I put anything in my mouth" you cant tell she is a kindergarten teacher can you ha! An Kathy well she always has some great remedy for anything
so from now on I'm gonna be asking her instead of wasting pointless hours on the Internet
It turned out to be a very awesome day especially it starting out to be so shitty. I told brad we should certainly do this more often. The good thing about tragedies is that it brings families closer together as was proven yesterday.

12 comments:

Leiser Family said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! I am sure that Linda loves that you all spent time together.

Anonymous said...

That is very sweet that you were able to get together and it is thoughtful of you to share a nice afternoon after the funeral.

I felt similarly on the day of my Mother's funeral. It was a peaceful lovely day and everyone was very loving and sweet and close that day. I've heard it said that funerals are for the living! We need the opportunity to say good-bye to our loved one and it's very healing.

Thanks for understanding about the contact info, Jodi. You're a sweetie. :)

Love,
~Aunt Shannon ^..^
> <

Oh, I can never get those darn whiskers to go right...D'oh!!!

Leiser Family said...

Oh . . .it suppose to be a kitty cat. . . I should have known. Last time I was at Shannon's she had so many cats I thought I was going to die from my allergies!

Jodi said...

ah im confused as usual, did someone leave a random comment or are you talking about lances comment? What did the one say above you?

AuntShannon said...

Finally! I can comment like a regular "Non-Anonymous" person! :)

Um, sorry for my commenting faux-pas earlier! I have solved the problem with my "faux-pas"-ing and that won't happen again. Thanks for helping me out with that, Jodi. I'm sorry to see that Lance's comment is gone. Sorry if I confused you, Jodi.

To "Leisur Family" Um....yes, that was a cat, but I only had two cats so I'm not sure what you meant by "so many cats". SOrry about your allergies. Hope you are able to get some Zyrtec or something to help you with that.

((Hugs))!
~Shannon ^..^
I'm just gonna forget the whiskers from now on.

Lance said...

If you want, I can leave a "NEW AND IMPROVED" comment ... with all the bells and whistles and bright, shiny packaging. But Jodi would probably just delete it when she's stumbling drunkenly over the keyboard again. sigh. It's not a biggie, my ANSI graphic didn't really work out with the font they use. I could show another one, but they'd get certain parts too high, like a bad boob job. So, ya just get stuck with this one :P

AuntShannon said...

Hi Jodi, I started a blog just for my nieces and nephews. Since you're my niece I'm inviting you to come and visit. I'll be making it private, soon, but I'd love to have you come and visit. If you want to, that is. :)

AuntShannon said...

Hi Jodi and Brad,
I thought I left a comment here earlier letting you know about the blog I started.

Maybe blogger is being wierd again and losing comments. Maybe you're very busy being a mom to 3 boys and don't have time to read your new comments every second of the day, LOL!

Maybe I need to be more patient. Maybe I just wanted to make sure that you got this comment in case you didn't get the previous one because I don't want you to feel left out, Jodi! Maybe I'm confusing you again, LOL! I hope not!

I so appreciate your warm response since you were my first contact with the fam! You're a gem!

Please stop by the blog and say hello (when you have time)!

((HUGS)),
~Aunt Shannon ^..^

AuntShannon said...

Hi Jodi,
Glad to see you stopped by and got BOTH of my comments, LOL! I was kind of hyper about it because I tried twice to comment on Cindy's wedding blogpost and she never got it.

Lance, thank you for the tongue sticking out thing. How "sweet" (yes, that's sarcasm). Here's a ((Hug)) for you, too, whenever you decide that you want it, K?

Love,
~Aunt Shannon ^..^

Doesn't this >^..^< look like the whiskers are between the ears and the eyes? Wierd place for the whiskers, dontcha think?

Kathy said...

Well, I don't know if anyone will see this since it took me soooooooo long to get one of my computers up and running again. They have been down since March when Linda started getting so bad. And then I slept practically all through June, except when I was working, eating, or taking care of Frosty - it is like having a one year old now (bed wetting and all), but he has been an amazingly wonderful dog for over 15 years - he deserves to be babied.

Jodi, I really appreciate the way you wrote about the day of the funeral.

Noelle and Cindy, We really missed
you and your sweet families.

Brad and Jody, Sue and Chris, Jared and Mindy - Thank you so much for working together to make such a nice afternoon and meal for everyone. It was lovely.

Love you all!

Anonymous said...

Well, too tired to find my Google Account info. Hope Shannon sees this since it is not likely she will come back to look here. I blew it when I sent the first response to her.

Shannon, I have been open to your contacting me all along. Your choice. Have missed you much. Been collecting angels for you for years...
Love, Kathy

Anonymous said...

Shannon,
Hope you see this. I wrote a response to you in mid July when I got my computer working, but realised that I had put some inappropriate location information in it and asked Jodi to kill it. But this one will be ok.

Miss you lots. Have been collecting angels for you for years. You should already have all my contact information if you ever choose to use it. (Home address will be changing - don't know when, but within next year, I think.)

I still have a hug for you whenever you want it. That has not changed.

Love, Kathy

Now Google does not like my password, so I am going to be Anonymous today...